All-American Baby Quilt




All-American Baby Quilt



 


I found this adorable Teddy Bear fabric at a Thrift Store for just a few dollars and immediately knew that I had to use it to create something special for one of our little guys.

 



I cut out the bears and used 2x2" squares to piece the alternate blocks.  Oooops, should have spent a little time on the math - the bear blocks are bigger than the pieced squares.  Solution:  add and little blue strip of fabric to outline the bears.  Result:  I like the look even more!




Playing with placement is sometimes a family affair.  Lots of opinions on individual bear location :-)




 An old linen tablecloth provided the perfect white edge strips and a bright red binding completed the American look.  This is one of my favorites!













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts